Thursday, August 17, 2017

Songs of Humility and Deliverance

Twenty something years ago, when I was teaching a Sunday school class, I did something for my own edification that I don't think I ever used outside of my own prayer and bible study. I organized the Psalms into different categories based on the model of the Lord's Prayer.

I have been reading through the Psalms as my morning study for a couple of months and was coming to the end this morning. I was considering going back to Psalm 1 and starting over when I saw the notations in the Outline to Psalms I had made in my bible. I started looking at how I had categorized them and my eyes were drawn to those dealing with humility and deliverance. I read several of them and saw a pattern forming. I felt led to share that with you.

If you read my recent blogs, you know that I have been looking at the signs of the Great American Eclipse and the Revelation 12 sign in a very different light than many. Though I don't predict any great apocalyptic events to surround these signs, I do believe that they are warnings, especially the eclipse.

Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years. - Genesis 1:14

Throughout the scriptures, God has used signs in the heavens and especially eclipses as warnings to nations. The eclipse which passed over Nineveh when Jonah went to preach to them is one such occasion and it was a signal that Nineveh had 40 days to repent. In fact, Jesus referred to that sign when responding to the Pharisees in Matthew 16:4:

“A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.” And He left them and departed.

I believe that we need to take whatever warning God is giving us in the eclipse of August 21st very seriously. There are two reasons for this.

  • Not only has the U.S. fallen away from the Lord as a nation, but nations throughout the world have fallen away. God calls on His people to humble themselves and seek Him in order to heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
  • Because those involved in witchcraft, sorcery and satanic ritual consider eclipses to be highly spiritual, those who worship the powers of the darkness will be out in full force. Christians need to be fully armed against the demonic forces that are going to be released, for we do not struggle only against flesh and blood but also against principalities, spiritual powers and rulers of darkness. (Ephesians 6:12)

We should not cower in fear, predict some coming destruction, nor set dates for the rapture of the Church. Instead, we are called to humble ourselves and seek our Lord. Therefore, I believe it is timely, as things from God usually are, for me to share this arrangement of the Psalms with you beginning tomorrow morning, Friday, August 18th and extending forward for the next 42 days.


If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14

I will be posting these songs and meditations in both English and Spanish. They will contain a link to the Psalm in Bible Gateway as well as a point of focus and a passage of scripture for further study, nothing more.

My prayer is that we who are called by the name of Jesus will come together in focused prayer which will bring us to humility and direct our meditation on looking to our holy and sovereign King of kings for our deliverance.

May God bless you all richly as you seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment