Thursday, January 4, 2018

Worthy Is the Lamb (part 4)

The wisdom of Jesus makes a fool out of the wisest of men.


 “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing!” – Revelation 5:12


Because I do a lot of studying and soak up knowledge like a sponge, one of my greatest downfalls is that I like to argue. Through Jesus’ help, I have been able to gain greater control over my desire to debate others and not be drawn into arguments, especially frivolous ones that serve no purpose. One of the ways that He has made it abundantly clear to me the error of my habit is in pointing out to me that next to Him, you could put what I know on the point of a flea’s sewing needle.

When the host of heaven cried out saying, “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive… wisdom…,” they were speaking of omniscient wisdom. They were speaking of the “pre-eminent” wisdom, which God was talking about when He challenged Job in Job 40 and 41. How can we question God from such a limited understanding of Him? How can we rebel against His law, disbelieve His promises, manipulate His words, question His judgment, doubt His guidance or even presume to have any understanding of Him that goes beyond what He reveals to us?

Christian, Jesus inherited that same wisdom and we question it daily. How foolish are we when we fail to understand that the wisest choices that we make are still silliness next to the pre-eminent omniscience of our Lord?

Focus: Soak up God’s Word like a sponge. The rich wisdom of the Lamb of God ought to be your meat, bread, drink and breath.


More: Job 40 and 41

No comments:

Post a Comment